3 whole very ripe Chiquita Bananas
3/4 cup honey
2 eggs, beaten
1 tbps coconut oil, softened
1/3 cup low-fat buttermilk
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line muffin tins with paper or foil cups. Mash bananas in a medium bowl. Stir in honey, eggs, coconut oil, buttermilk and vanilla. In a large bowl combine the flour, baking soda and baking powder.
2. Pour the banana and honey mixture into the dry ingredients and stir just to combine. The batter should be lumpy. Stir in pecans. Divide batter among the prepared muffin cups. Bake at 375 degrees F for about 18 minutes.
3. Muffins are done when tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in one of the center muffins comes out clean.
1. Use an ice cream scooper for an easy way to fill muffin cups.
2. Lightly coat the inside of a measuring cup with vegetable oil spray before measuring the honey to make it easier to remove the honey from the cup.
Serving Suggestions: Garnish each muffin with a half pecan or additional chopped pecans.