1 1/2 pounds salmon
1 bunch parsley
1 bunch chives
1 bunch basil
1 handful of pine nuts
broccoli (or broccolini)
salt & pepper, to taste
1. In a blender, blitz the herbs, zest & juice of 1 lemon, olive oil, nuts, and salt and pepper until a paste forms. (don't worry if it is smooth or coarse)
2. Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
3. Place salmon and vegetables on a sheet pan.
4. Spread the pesto paste over the salmon, and lay some slices of lemon on top.
5. Drizzle the vegetables with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt & pepper.
6. Place pan in the oven to bake "until done" Look for a deep pink color and firm flesh that springs back when lightly poked.
7. Enjoy straight from the oven, or serve cold on a salad. You could also mix leftovers with a bit of mayo and celery to make a salmon salad that would be great for lunch!